HOPE Kids & Youth Mandate
To invite children, youth, and their families to know God, experience life with Jesus, and to participate in God’s Redemptive Story.
HOPE Kids & Youth Values
- We believe that as children and youth become more aware of God in their lives and the world around them, they will grow in their abilities to love and trust him. Luke 2:39-40
- We believe that children and youth must find their true identities in Christ, not the things of this world. Colossians 3:1-4
- We believe in creating safe, nurturing places where children grow in Christ—we use ten spiritual formation environments as our guide. 1 Thessalonians 5:6, 13-15
- We believe that parents are the primary spiritual leaders in their children’s lives and want to encourage, support, and partner with parents. Deuteronomy 6:4-6
- We believe that youth live out their discipleship in context with the local body of Christ. Titus 2:1-8
Nursery & Toddlers (Birth up to 2 Years):
This classroom is a safe, nurturing place where children begin to learn one of their first truths about God–that they are safe and loved in His universe. They experience this through individual love, prayer, and care from qualified caregivers who believe children of every age need to experience God’s love.
This classroom is on the lower level on the building in Room 5 and is offered throughout the 10am Service.
Preschool (2-4 Years):
Children here begin to learn three foundational truths: God made me, God loves me, and God is with me. They explore and discover these truths through a variety of visual, auditory, and other sensory activities. Children also get opportunities to respond to what they learn and create something meaningful of their own.
This classroom is on the lower level of the building in Room 4 and is offered throughout the 10am Service.
Pre-Kindergarten & Kindergarten:
This room is full of ways for children to explore, discover and respond to the Big God Story (the Bible). This class is created with space intended for wonder—to pique children’s curiosity and allow them to engage in hands-on experiences as they begin to discover what life can be like in God’s kingdom.
This classroom is on the lower level of the building in Room 3 and is offered throughout the 10am Service.
Elementary (Grades 1-5):
Elementary aged children have a unique energy all their own, and their classroom shows it. This room is full of anticipation and celebration as well as quiet space and loving adults to help children enter into the Big God Story (the Bible) and respond and find their place in it.
These grades meet in Rooms 10-14 on the lower level of the building. Children will join their families in the Main Auditorium for Worship and then will be dismissed to their classes.